Saturday, January 14, 2012

cookie monsters

One of the things I got on my birthday was a jar of homemade cookie mix!



Very promising.

The directions were on the back -


hmm.  No, it didn't say whether they were bar cookies, drop cookies or rolled-out cookies.   During a lull in the wave of cookie gifts to my brother, I decided to make them.

There were colorful shots inside.


When I mixed the dough, it turned pink!


From the shots, maybe - or the dried cranberries. It also had vanilla or white chocolate chips. (couldn't tell which)

Henry came along while I worked.

I told him that cats don't eat cookies. *

The consistency made me decide to drop them, so I did. They looked good!


There were four dozen.  I tried one.  

It was way too sweet.  Maybe the shots sugared it up a bit?  Or the wrong amount of sugar got put in the jar.
I knew I couldn't eat them.  I decided to bring them to work - my co-workers love sweets. I didn't know how they'd be received, but thought I'd give it a try.

The next day, there I was, and my co-worker and fellow blogger walked in. She has a young adult group, which was meeting that afternoon, and she'd forgotten to bring refreshments.  And there was nothing to be found in the library kitchen. I said, "I have cookies!"

At first she said teens wouldn't appreciate homemade goods.  But she really didn't want to go out again, so she took them. 

They ate the whole thing.


What is there to be said about teenagers who will eat anything with sugar in it?

The end.


 (oh -  * I think cats eat cupcakes. But not cookies.)

6 comments:

  1. They look pretty, though. :) And I love that book and that series. The illustrations and text are just adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday...or probably happy belated birthday I guess? Those cookies look delicious. I have a bit of a sweet tooth and like things most people declare too sweet, so maybe I'd have eaten them all up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. It was six weeks ago, but I'll take birthday wishes anytime!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen much that teenagers won't eat! You are correct in that!:-) It's a good thing to get things out of the house that I shouldn't have around for temptation.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha....I was sure they would eat them. I wasn't sure they'd appreciate them! And I still don't know that they did since they gobbled them up so fast. =] Thank you for sharing with my group...they would have been a sad, hungry group of teens if you hadn't been around with those pretty cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of the cookies--and they sure looked good. In the end everyone was happy. I love stories like that :-)

    ReplyDelete