Friday, July 1, 2011

why didn't I see it coming?

Yesterday I could tell Dolly badly wanted to go outside. I found some time, and thought I could work on the next week's menu and shopping list (we keep her on a leash outdoors, and we stay with her) while outside.

I brought out a little plastic table, along with my cookbooks and magazines, pen, paper and a cool drink


There's a {pretty} hydrangea nearby.



I went and got a lawn chair, and opened it up. We've been having gorgeous days lately - dry air, breezes, lots of sun, puffy clouds; and the wind took away my shopping list.  I caught it, turned to my chair, and


found that somebody was there before me.  {Funny}, I remembered later that she did the same thing to me last year! 

But I ended up getting the chaise



which is always good.  So, I was {happy},



and Dolly was certainly {happy}.

The {real} part of the story is, and I'm sure you've figured it out - Dolly is more than just a pet in this house!
And I don't need a picture for that.




round button chicken

7 comments:

  1. That last photo of her is one of my favorite photos of all time. Oh my goodness, she is so SWEET looking. What a dear post and pretty cat, Lisa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Stuffed is a beautiful cat, too - but, thank you, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little {phfr] story! I haven't had a cat in years, but your posts always make me want to go out and get one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks serene one 'her' throne. My kitty likes to go outside at night, when it's much cooler. Otherwise, his favorite chair inside is........my chair, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God really exhibited a sense of humor when He made the cat.

    ReplyDelete