Thursday, July 28, 2011

{p,h,f,r}

It occurred to me that we have a {pretty} brook going through the back yard - I heard it babbling after a rainstorm, so I thought I'd take a picture




(don't know how pretty these photos are)


I was running the bread machine today, and Henry, being unused to the sound it makes, was trying to figure out what it was - he looked kind of {funny} - at least, to me he did.



I'm {happy} that I'm almost finished with a wall organizer, which - I hope - is going to eliminate two things:
an organizer on my wall now that isn't as neat looking as I want, and a box on my desk which I stuff papers and things into.  Too messy.



I saw the design in an old craft book we have at the library - it was the only thing in there that caught my eye, and I have high hopes for it. Seven pockets should be enough. The button is to prevent a full pocket from hanging out too much - I may need to add more.

I now only have to hand-stitch the binding on the back of it, and affix 2 loops to hang it up with, and I'm done.  I wish it were plainer - I used fabric I had at hand which matched my room. We'll see how it works - in time I may see a better way, and make another more tailored to what I need.


We had a tornado warning the other day, which ended up just being a thunderstorm, and heavy rain in places.  But later, I heard a sort of crash, and went outside to investigate.


This tree is very close to my brother's shed - thankfully the limb fell in the other direction.  But, look -


see the black on the trunk?  I wonder if it means it was hit by lightning.
Anyway, that's my {real} for this time.  It could have been realer, and I'm glad it wasn't!




round button chicken

9 comments:

  1. Looks like I'd like your back yard! I love rivers and streams and the like.
    Poor tree though!
    I'll post your parcel towards the end of next week; I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it does look like it was hit by lightning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Yiota - I look forward to it!
    As for the yard - we've got a good one. The house is a plain ranch, but the yard is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the brook is very pretty. Hope your storage holder is as useful as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little brook is very charming! Yes, it looks like lightening hit the tree doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that organizer idea! And I think you're right about the lightening. Eeep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the brook! How wonderful that you have something like that so close to your house. It seems very so very peaceful. Love the wall organizer as well. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say that was definitely lightening. Thank goodness it missed the shed (tree and/or lightening). I'm thinking of making an organizer like that for Ella in the car. It would hang on the back of the car seat in front of her. Maybe help coral all the 'stuff' that she seems to need when driving.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. To have a stream running through the back yard like that has always been a dream of mine - how lovely!

    ReplyDelete