Wednesday, June 22, 2011

a treat with my tea

Beth, a favorite library patron, who frequently appears to pick up her array of intriguing interlibrary loans, showed up the other day with something for me!


Golden sugar crystals on a stick, with threads of saffron in them. A whole box of these! And this isn't the first box she's given me.

One stick is more than enough for a cup, but before I can remove it to save for the next time, everything slips into the cup and quickly dissolves. I'm left with a sweet cup of tea, which - I have to say - goes down very easily, and I don't mind it at all!

Thank you, Beth!

7 comments:

  1. How nice. She is very sweet and thoughtful. Enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You'd have to get a huge cup, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet & lovely treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is nice. I love hearing about kind gestures, it gives me ideas and inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea. It sounds simply decadent!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hana - that's an idea! I'm not sure I could drink that much, though.

    I really enjoy these sugar sticks, and Beth is a good kid.

    ReplyDelete