Saturday, June 18, 2011

red raspberry sherbet

I've wanted to post this for the past two nights, but just couldn't manage it.  And this morning I see Anna's apricot ice cream recipe - she's also experimenting with frozen desserts.

The other day I found in my freezer some wonderful raspberries from last summer - my friend Cyndi used to have bushes and I wasn't able to use them at the time. Then forgot about them!  (I say she used to have bushes, because somebody her brother hired to clear up her yard thought they were brambles or something and cut them down.)

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of high fat ice cream - and the warmer and more humid it gets outside, the more I prefer frozen yogurt or sherbet.  So, I thawed these berries a bit with the intention of making sherbet.



I put them in the blender, and saw by the markings that I had about two cups. I added a cup and a half of sugar, because they were fairly tart, and then enough milk - we usually have lactaid 2% - to bring it up to three and a half cups or a little more. My ice cream maker is the quart size, so I don't want it to run over!

I whizzed up the stuff, and chilled it in the freezer for fifteen minutes. Then made it according to instructions.

Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I think I need an ice cream maker. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! I wish I could figure out a way to purge the seeds from the raspberries; I'm a big fan of raspberry AnYtHinG but don't care for the seeds when I make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful, we are having fun with the ice cream maker this Summer!

    ReplyDelete