Monday, February 14, 2011

simple things

I found a poem today printed on a card among my mother's things




I have found such joy in simple things;
A plain, clean room, a nut-brown loaf of bread,



A cup of milk, a kettle as it sings,
The shelter of a roof above my head,



And in a leaf-laced square along a floor,
Where yellow sunlight glimmers through a door.

I have found such joy in things that fill
My quiet days: a curtain's blowing grace,



A potted plant upon my window sill,
A rose fresh-cut and placed within a vase,
A table cleared, a lamp beside a chair.
And books I long have loved beside me there.




I Have Found Such Joy  - Grace Noll Crowell

4 comments:

  1. This makes me smile, so true and so lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little Nisse girl. She's adorable. Very sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I love it! I will be back to copy it in one of my journals. The pictures add a lovely touch too.

    ReplyDelete