Sunday, January 2, 2011

quiet days

I really look forward to the day after a big holiday as something restful. Not that yesterday was so major - we had one friend over to dinner.  But today I had a quiet time, reading (Dr. Zhivago), knitting (leg warmers), listening to Christmas cds (Joulun Ihmemaa, Newman & Oltman's Christmas Pastorale), making minestrone, taking a nap. The tree lights were on all day, because it was so foggy and dark this morning  -

coziness.

                                                                              

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Sounds like a perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kathryn! You will have your quiet someday - maybe when you're my age! As for today, I feel like I've had enough quiet, and I want to be more active!

    ReplyDelete