Thursday, December 2, 2010

fabric garland

Our (artificial) tree was up, but only with lights on it.  I didn't want anything tinselly which Dolly might be tempted to chew on.  After eyeing some red gingham cotton on my shelf for a few days,  today I cut it into strips and made a garland. It was easy to cut - I just followed the checkered lines.


No sewing - I simply knotted each strip together.


It looks much more cheerful now.

          
And made with fabric from the stash!      


p.s. It's almost 8 'clock and I just heard a noise in the living room -


This is blurry, but I had to work fast. She just caught a bit of it at the bottom, but I hope she doesn't do it again!!                                                                                                                                
                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. What a wondeful idea! I may copy you, I have some turkey red check in my stash that would look great! I had to chuckle at the kitty picture, she IS a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I love how instead of trying to stop the cat, you rushed to take a shot before it was over! ha! :)

    I'm stopping by from The Little List's {inhabit}. I hope you'll do the same! You can find mine @ http://sofiasideas.com/2010/12/04/anything-ragged-or-rotten-or-rusty/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete