Saturday, September 25, 2010

hot weather dessert

If you're bad about drinking your juice, this is for you!  I often make a gelatin dessert with 100% fruit juice.

Put 3 cups of chilled juice in your bowl or whatever, and sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over it, mixing it up a bit.

Take another cup of juice and add 1/4 cup of sugar of some sort (white, brown, honey), and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.

Add the hot to the cold, and stir constantly for five minutes, then chill.  It takes a good 6 hours to set.



It's great with Reddi-Wip.

Today I used white grape juice; I've make it with concord grape, orange, pineapple (canned), apricot nectar, mango - it's refreshing and healthy!  I used lemonade once, too, but thought the added sugar unnecessary. For very thick juices I thin it out with a bit of water.

It's definitely a staple around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment