Friday, July 23, 2010

hit the jackpot

I recently acquired - I don't know how many - back issues of Gourmet magazine from the library where I work. It was very sadly, and suddenly, discontinued last fall, and we don't keep back issues of mags we don't get anymore, so....... This has been a favorite of mine for years. Yes, it's fancy, but I've always enjoyed the articles - it was a lot like a travel magazine, actually. 





Anyway -  I could usually find one recipe which seemed a maybe, and that's what I'm doing now with these issues - going through and tearing out possibilities.

  • Farmhouse butternut squash soup
  • Mexican chocolate pudding (made with almond milk!)
  • Sweet potato pie with gingersnap pecan crust
  • Paprika roast chicken with sweet onion (baked at 500, so you can actually roast a whole chicken after you get home from work!)

I am really filling up my recipe box!

2 comments:

  1. What sweet photos! I somehow missed this post last year. That last photo of Dolly--Truly, could she be any cuter?! No, she could not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I'd taken this photo way before this post, but it fit in with "filling up my recipe box" so well. Why do cats love to squeeze themselves into snug places?

    ReplyDelete