Monday, June 3, 2019

what's been goin' on

I put a pot of water on to boil the other day and went to the basement quick to get some pantry items. I came upstairs in time to hear a pop and see a spark on the stove - I actually screamed, but was able to shut off the burner. There was no fire, thank God! The burner burned out near where it plugs into the stove - not very technical language, is it? I don't know what to call these pieces. But my brother instantly knew that Amazon would have the replacement coil. Why was I surprised at that? 


found this at a consignment shop - not sure yet what to do with it

Sweetie took a trip to the animal hospital last week. She threw up one morning and never ate again for the rest of the day - when I tried to give her water, she threw it up. We were nervous and took her for a ten o'clock p.m. appointment two towns over. Blood work, some Pepcid, something for inflammation and an antibiotic shot, and then she was able to eat a little before we left for home. Turns out she's got hyperthyroidism! And her liver numbers were sky high; an ultrasound was ordered a few days later. There are no lesions on her liver, and the levels went down quite a bit, but it isn't clear why they were so extremely high (ten times what they should be!). Not clear why she was sick all day, either. There's a cream we put on the inside of her ear twice every day - she's a little testy with that, but it's not too difficult - Dolly loves her ears rubbed, but not Sweetie. 8-O

A woman came into the library with a tote bag open along one side seam. She left it behind and said she didn't care much about it, but I thought it was kind of cute and could be fixed easily. I took it home, and it got buried beneath other things in the mending pile. But today was fixing day - I'll bring it to work and surprise her with it when she comes in - it's strong otherwise and still useful, not to mention the cute design it has.

my tablet looks like it's falling off an edge, but it's just distortion from the camera

5 comments:

  1. Poor Sweetie. But she has loving family to take care of her.

    Nice repair job on the bag. Does the lady want it back now? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always scream when things happen suddenly (loud noises/wasp stings etc) and then I feel a fool and can hear the sound of my scream ringing in my ears! I hope you managed to mend the stove.
    Poor Sweetie! I hope she feels better soon.
    I like the tote bag too!

    ReplyDelete