Monday, January 28, 2019

Mr. Kibble stops by

We had a surprise visitor yesterday morning after coming home from church. A black cat was crouched on the back step, with head turned outward. He didn't look like one of Diane's four black cats. I tapped on the glass and he turned - it was Mr. Kibble! Yesterday was very pleasant, sunny and in the forties, so it was a good day to let him out.

I called her today to get the scoop, but she wasn't available. I will simply have to put up with my curiosity until I can speak to her. We're hoping there wasn't a problem with her other cats, and that he just wanted to come out. So, we fed him of course - a whole can of food, of course - and he went back over there, which I was glad to see. But I was also glad to see his little face.

6 comments:

  1. Mr Kibble is a great name for a cat. I used to be quite fond of cats, but am being sorely tested by a neighbour who owns FIVE of them, all of which have decided that our garden is their personal toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well Mr. K. lives with Diane, who has about a dozen cats - you wouldn't like that, I guess! Her cats go all over the place. I'll bet you have a lovely plot, Mike. They are just showing their appreciation. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I had really missed seeing him! he showed up again this morning right before I left for work - he must be getting antsy in the house. I will try her again tonight. Must know all the facts! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope all is well with him at your friend's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Clare. He showed up again this morning, and was in the shelter when my brother came home for lunch. He is certainly going "home" at night, so maybe he's just been restless.

      Delete