Tuesday, March 6, 2018

scent free

I like my flannel nightgowns in winter. I have two, but one is wearing thin.

The really quality ones, like L.L. Bean's, go for sixty dollars or more - Lanz of Salzburg's is around seventy. Then I found a used one on ebay for twenty five dollars, shipping included! But that blasted scented detergent people use - I washed it four times and it still smelled, even with soaking it with some vinegar and baking soda.


Well, I finally did what I should have done at the beginning: I soaked it in warm water with LOTS of baking soda. Of course, the smell disappeared right away. I did know that, but guess I forgot.

2 comments:

  1. Baking soda is so useful. What would we do without it!
    I can't bear those scented detergents either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would have thought of that for a long time! I hope if I need the tip I will remember your personal testimony!!

    ReplyDelete