Monday, August 6, 2012

greenery in jars

I got the idea to save a few Classico jars because I like their slim silhouettes. (I like the labels too, but the colors don't match our kitchen.)

                             

I was going to scrub them, but thought to look online for an easier way to remove paper labels. Soak them in water for a while - they came right off! Remove the goo with some oil, and then wash with soapy water!


They use real canning jars for their sauce -

Atlas jars


Anyway, I had the idea to just put some leafy arrangements in them for our shelves between the kitchen and living room, instead of the blue glasses, which are beautiful, but I wanted something more summery. 

I have four of these on the shelves now, with something I picked up at the thrift store recently between two of them. I filled them with forsythia and wild rose stems, readily available on our property.


It does look summery. I like it. There's something about the look of water through clear glass.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice idea, , I think I might do some of those clear jars with some bamboo.
    the warm weather here is so good to get things done and keep me busy,baked 2 loaves of yummy bread yesterday, delish! with home made strawberry jam, on the deck in the sun with a friend for afternoon tea....bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have bamboo in your area??

      Delete
    2. Yes Lisa, this is a sub tropical climate, and I love the tropical type gardens, so I planted some babmboo for privacy, it is clumping,which means it won't spread to nieghbouring yards.I also have banana trees, golden cane palms, alexander palms, bird of paradise plants,bromiliads,bird nest ferns,cordalines, and many ornamental gingers.

      Delete
  2. i like clear water in glass, too. the jars look nice with the greens!

    ReplyDelete