Thursday, January 19, 2012

what does it look like to you?


My friend, Emily gave me a miniature rose for my birthday a few weeks ago - it's still blooming, and very {pretty}.


I'm {happy} that I finally made myself finish up my pumpkin colored hand warmers.

a great challenge to take a photo with the left hand - when you're right handed

I still need practice in getting them just right, but since I have a thing for hand warmers, that shouldn't be a problem. (even though it's too cold here right now for anything resembling incomplete gloves)


My {funny} consists of some cream cheese cookies I made. They're good - no disasters here this time!  You shape them into logs and roll them in chopped pistachios.  However, I found that when I tried to photograph them, they end up looking like slices of poultry!  See what I mean:


Now doesn't that look like turkey to you?  Except the little browned one at the top, maybe. I wonder if it's the knife I used.




round button chicken

Thanks again to Leila.

13 comments:

  1. Cream cheese cookies rolled in chopped pistachios sound delicious! Even if they do look like turkey slices! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I thought your cookies were pork loin at first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pork loin! Ha! Yes, the smaller, roundish-ness of them - a good observation!

      Delete
  3. Yes! That's exactly what I thought you were showing us... too funny!

    Love the handwarmers, especially the wonderful pumpkin color.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. that rose picture is magazine perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous rose! Are the cookies tasty?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cheerful color of those handwarmers are delightful! The rose is beautiful and so thoughtful from your friend.

    Cookies? Where is the picture? Just kidding! They do look like turkey slices to me - cut to perfection! How did the cookies taste? They sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Carmen. You know - know that you mention the slices - I don't think I could do such nice slices with "real" turkey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lisa,
    Your warmers and cookies look so nice. I use to live up in Upstate NY near the Catskills... don't miss the snow or cold. Now we live in South Florida... and my husband misses the snow. lol. Enjoyed your recipe very much. =) Stay warm and thank you again for visiting my blog as well. Hope your bread is yummy. You should share the recipe on your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hand warmers turned out so nice--I love the color! White roses have a special place in my heart and in my garden. A happy {belated} birthday to you!

    The cookies do kind of look like turkey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, thought they were pork tenderloin slices! You should make them April Fool's day and serve them to your brother =]

    P.S. I have a pattern for a lovely pair of handwarmers if you'd like it. They have a few cables in them but nothing too fancy. They're just right.

    ReplyDelete