Wednesday, December 7, 2011

yarning along toward Christmas



I'm joining Ginny's yarnalong today, making another crocheted bag to use up my yarn.  The pattern is so simple and enjoyable to work on.  This one will be slightly smaller by four rows - we'll see how it turns out.

A library is a constant drop-off point for unwanted books, and all kinds of things come through our place. I picked this up last year, and I'm just finding out what a treasure it is.



Filled with recipes, prayers and meditations, old carols and their histories, Bible readings, quotations - a feel-good book for sure.  And you may recognize Edith Schaeffer's The Hidden Art of Homemaking next to it, which always always puts things back in perspective for me.

I'm also perusing this magazine


which was given to me. How to choose which cookies to bake?  Our Christmas party at the library is Friday, and I'll be making something from these pages tomorrow, if I make up my mind!

Thanks to Ginny!

7 comments:

  1. You know that you make me wish that I could crochet!?

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my head is swarming with Christmas cookie possibilities! I can't decide which I love the most...What did you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the German Chocolate drop cookies - quite small, and full of coconut, chopped nuts and bits of sweet chocolate, with some oats and wheat germ. I'll see how everyone likes them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what lovely stripes... and German Chocolate cookies sound incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those sound quite good! I made Oreo Fudge Bars. Let the party begin! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just can't have too many crocheted bags and yours looks lovely! And German Chocolate cookies sound scrumptious!
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bag looks like it's going to be awesome!! Loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete