Thursday, June 2, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

Our Mountain Laurel is blooming, and that's very {pretty}



As for this week's {happy}, it makes me happy to have one good poly/cotton sheet to use for a tablecloth -something I can wash and dry quickly, if there's no time to iron.



Another photo of the table, which is the {real} -


I need to replace the elastic in these chair covers, or make new ones - they're pitiful.


The {funny} thing is the drinking glass my brother most often uses


He's 53. If you're not too young yourself, you may remember these glasses, which came with grape jelly in them.



round button chicken

7 comments:

  1. Well done. I love that that's his glass. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mountain laurel! I can't take my eyes off that bright blue built-in behind the table - what a neat little nook. :) The glass is great, too! I still have my own brother's favorite mug from when he was little - it has Charlie Brown characters on it. I'll have to dig that out for him, next time he visits...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite drinking glass is a POM jar - I don't know why but, I love that other people have quirks like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title of your blog! And to judge by your profile page, you and I have really a lot in common! I look forward to reading more from you, and I hope to get to know you a little better. I'm always looking for blogs by women with a few years under their belts (ahem), so finding yours is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Judy!

    Kathryn, a POM jar??

    ReplyDelete
  6. The laurel is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn..I love my POM jar, too! And Lisa, what a great idea to use a sheet for a tablecloth. Hmmmm...must go look at my sheets with a new eye. Thanks for the perspective, Dolly!

    ReplyDelete