Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas cards into gift tags

A co-worker made some very pretty gift tags out of Christmas cards, just by some strategic cutting. I still have last years cards - I hate to throw them away, but you can't save everything. Not to mention the "Seasons Greetings" cards which we don't tend to send, but they often have such pretty scenes on them.
Well, now I know what to do with them!





                                                                                      

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, I'm thinking book marks too if I laminated and punched a hole adding a small tassle...hmmm, now you have my mind flowing with good ideas, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea about the bookmarks - this co-worker of mind also used a glitter pen on some of them, going around the edge, then punched a hole and tied them with twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! I was going to write about laminating and punching a hole and ... you know the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead - nobody will know the difference - I have so few readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I did this this year as well - I was really glad to have saved last years cards - and cards can be so attractive and it seems a waste to chuck them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - and I've also read that you can use them for postcards, and save a bit of money that way on postage. Just cut off the "picture" part, if it's blank on the other side, and write on the back like you would on a postcard. I've never done it, but haven't forgotten the idea, either.

    ReplyDelete