Saturday, May 30, 2020

striving for enjoyment

I finished two more face masks today. My brother finally goes back to his shop Monday and I wouldn't want him to be short on masks. Of course he has paper ones for clients who need them, but it's better to save them for that. I would not want to have to wear a face mask all the day long. When it comes down to it, I suppose he'll wear the one which bothers him the least. And we'll see which one that is.



The chickens come through every single day. I get a real kick from seeing them, but I wonder what the neighbors think. They peck around everyone's gardens, which may not be welcome to everyone.

I read this today:  "Enjoyment is a catalyst for owning what one is learning." From The Life Giving Home, by Sally Clarkson.

5 comments:

  1. Do the chickens ever leave you any eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickens come into our garden from next door sometimes. It's okay in the winter but they enjoy kicking about in the open compost heap so Richard isn't sure if he should plant the butternut squash there, as he'd hoped. They also make dust baths in the flowerbeds, peck the tops off the flowers and eat the vegetables. A bit of a nuisance, really. :D
    I hope your brother keeps safe once he gets back to work. I assume you have been working all through this pandemic? Not like our library-workers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been working, Clare. We are doing a curbside thing for patrons, and some days it's quite busy, and less so on others. The great majority of libraries in this state haven't done this - a few have recently started it - and some haven't even set foot in their libraries! They are afraid, and it's going to be overwhelming for them when they open. I can't imagine how they'll figure it all out.
      So, we aren't the only ones with neighbors who let their chickens run wild! :D (Are they really so hard to keep in check?)

      Delete
    2. That does sound as if it will be difficult for many libraries to start up again.
      Chickens - yes they are a law unto themselves! If they can squeeze through a gap or flap their wings and scrabble through trees and bushes and get out of their own place they will! We have tried putting chicken wire along the bottom of the hedge between us and our neighbours but it hasn't stopped them.

      Delete