Thursday, March 5, 2020

spring promise

"Spring so often promises what in the end it never pays, spring can cheat and lie and disappoint. You can sit at the window and wait for spring many a weary day."

                                                          -  Susan Hill, from The Magic Apple Tree

That's how I always feel about spring here, but this time, no. It's still mild and spring really seems to be coming. I brought Dolly out again the other day and she actually ran up a tree, about four and a half feet up and then I grabbed her. She chased a dead leaf, ran a bit so I had to run to keep up with her, and we saw our neighbors chickens cross the brook - a good bit of excitement for our Dolly. 



6 comments:

  1. Dolly certainly has Spring fever! How lovely for her to feel so lively outdoors <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to see it, Clare! She would be much more lively in the house if she weren't so inhibited by her attitude toward the others.

      Delete
    2. One of the three rescue cats I used to have was like her. She yearned to be the only cat and was only really happy when the other two were out of the way and she was alone with me.

      Delete
    3. She was fine when Henry was around, Clare. But he was no threat to her at all. Since then, we've had more than one who gave her a hard time, and I think she's had enough of it. She just wants Peace. And she's an old lady! :)

      Delete
  2. Our spring has gone away again, but maybe the return of cold weather will bring a little rain -- and we'll never complain about that! But I had to turn on the furnace again after a few days of having the windows open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book by Susan Hill. I'd forgotten about it. Perhaps it's due for a reread.

    We are seeing signs of autumn everywhere here. xx

    ReplyDelete