Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday doin's

I had to put on shoes today, and it's only mid October. I so didn't want to! But when it's raining (again) and in the fifties, well.


I don't think our heat has come on yet, but when I'm home I make a point to use the oven, if possible and that helps to warm up the house, along with other cooking and my ever present ironing.


There are our own squashes! I fit them all in the roasting pan and cooked them up first thing today. Acorn squash are so hard to cut - I just poke a few holes in each and roast them whole. What beauties!

Otherwise, outside it looks more like November in places.


But I can never resist the silhouettes of almost-bare trees.

4 comments:

  1. Well, those are darling shoes. Cooking is the best way to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shoes! We have had some very warm days recently with southerly winds from Africa. I've been working in the garden today wearing a T-shirt. Usually at this time of year I'd be wearing a thick pullover and a coat! All coming to an end now though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shoe compliments! Clare, I am happy for you. :) We did have a warm day on Thursday but the humidity was so oppressive it could not be enjoyed. I'm sure we have some warm days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the shoes...and the (almost) bare trees! xx

    ReplyDelete