Saturday, November 7, 2015

crummy work


I've been whizzing cookies and crackers in the blender to make crumb crusts for cheesecakes. Thursday I made the low-fat cheesecake with graham cracker crust; today it was a pumpkin ginger cheesecake pie, from Gourmet magazine, nine years ago; it has a gingersnap crust.

My brother is the cheesecake lover and I will often make it for his birthday, coming up soon. So, the first one is now sliced up, wrapped in foil, and neatly in the freezer downstairs. He will be allowed to eat it all himself. The other is for tomorrow's dessert.  I was very happy a couple of years ago when I learned that mason jars will fit on the blender!  There are plenty of those here - the above is a jelly jar, which was closest to hand. I think making crumbs works better with smaller jars, but I will try it with a larger, since I did have to keep emptying and filling.


Tomorrow's menu:

  • Chicken Tenders with Lemon
  • Green Beans Gremolata
  • cabbage or tossed salad (haven't decided yet)
  • white and wild rice
  • Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake Pie

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my painting! Nice to see your cosy blog with a lot of delicious things! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope--and trust--that your brother had a wonderful birthday dinner. The menu sounds so good. I made a pumpkin cheesecake for Mike a few years ago that he loved, but this year with his diabetes diagnosis, I'm going to have to see what-all he wants and doesn't want for all the upcoming holidays. New territory in our kitchen!

    Have a sweet week,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - uncharted territory for you both! The dinner was very nice, thanks!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful dinner/party! Very tasty! Sending belated birthday greetings to your brother!

    ReplyDelete