I found a denim jumper on ebay for twelve dollars. But it was an extra-large, so I knew I'd have to make it fit.
That was enough to make it fit me, but I had to hem it. I hate hemming thick fabrics, so I cut five inches off the bottom and machine embroidered a design which I hoped would echo the flowers, and I happened to have some pale lavender thread to match the daisies, so -
It looks well, I think! It'll fray beneath it and have a pretty border.
I re-attached the little pocket, and discovered a slit right above it that my seam ripper must have made. My sewing machine doesn't do much embroidery, but there is a heart shape - I thought I could cover it up with that. I sewed two white hearts right there,
but wouldn't you know, they ended up one on either side of the untouched tear. So I ended up just zigzagging over it with denim colored thread.
This project was a very simple fix, but I was emboldened to try it from seeing so many clever re-dos on Pinterest. To not be deterred from buying something because it's the wrong size is taking a chance, but to be able to make do is too appealing to resist. Now I have a new jumper, and I like it!