Monday, March 18, 2013

hot cocoa, my way

Have you ever read the recipe for hot cocoa on the Hershey box?  For one serving you are supposed to put two tablespoons of cocoa and two tablespoons of sugar (please!) into one cup of milk. I'm a lightweight - so much cocoa would curl my hair; the sugar we won't even talk about. (Well, a little. Imagine it; you're looking into your cup of cocoa and you know that there are two tablespoons of sugar in it!)

To a cup of my almond milk I add a teaspoon and a half of cocoa and a quarter teaspoon of sugar - that's all!  It tastes just right.

pale because I made it weaker - don't want too much cocoa at night!

The stovetop works better than the microwave - cocoa is a funny substance; it doesn't readily get absorbed into the liquid, so I whisk it all the while it's heating. The upside of that is, it's thoroughly mixed in, and there's no residue at the bottom of the cup.

I almost took a picture of the bottom of the cup. But there really wasn't much to see.

1 comment: