Thursday, November 29, 2012

painting in the kitchen

I've been painting in the kitchen. This corner cabinet used to be blue, a pretty sky blue color.  But you know how the knots in the wood sometimes show through the paint? Well, it had been that way for many years. And rather than trying to match up the blue, I thought I'd use up some of the Benjamin Moore Indian White that we used for the walls here. So that's what I did.


I am thrilled with it! I hadn't thought of it as a cream before, but it seems very creamy to me now. And the white is a more updated look, I think.

The biggest challenge was keeping a certain person away from what I was doing -


I managed to keep her occupied on the sunny window till all was dry.


There's more to do - a cornice between the kitchen and hallway and a narrow molding along the ceiling all around the room, except where the cabinets are. I'll do it a little at a time, like the tortoise.


But the biggest part is done.

5 comments:

  1. good project for you vacation and the cabinet looks great-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cabinet looks fantastic
    I love it
    and as for cutie pussycat
    I want her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet make over looks good, the white makes a great background for anything, I love to swap around stuff for the seasons sometimes.

    ReplyDelete