Saturday, July 28, 2012

Clip-terest

I'm not hooked up to Pinterest - I use Clipterest!  Never heard of it, I'll bet. 

bags, bags and more bags!

I don't deny the existence of inspiration which can be found on the internet. But I really. don't. want. to be spending. more. time. in front of this screen. And I don't need to, anyway!

pretty dresses, etc.

At the library, we have a basket on the floor going into the reading room - where the magazines and newspapers are - and if you have a magazine you are finished with, you can leave it there for another to take. I've taken many of these. And I tear out pages which appeal to me. No, I don't clip them out; that isn't where the name comes from.

is this a dress or a skirt? I love it!

I clip the pictures together with a clothespin! I have two clips: one for bags, clothing, and personal type things. The other for home decor items.  (More on those later.)

I even save photos of food on occasion, without the recipe - the picture is often enough to go on:


the cake on the left looks like an Alicia Paulson creation. She may have seen this picture, or they may have seen her blog - who knows?  It's charming! On the right, all I need to remember is that I can throw blueberries into a dense vanilla cake, and toss some onto the icing - hopefully it would look as wonderful as that does!  One doesn't always think of these things without being reminded. 

I'm quite content with my clipped clippings. No Pinterest for me, thank you.




7 comments:

  1. If you can do that - absolutely!
    But since I'm already spending a lot of time in front of this screen anyway and tend to save up SO MANY pictures... And since I don't have access to so many magazines, nor the money to spend on them... And since this house is already full of things... Pinterest works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.:) I had a Pinterest account and deleted it because of all the hubbub about intellectual property rights with the photos you pin. Anywho, I decided it wasn't really worth my time. I like clipping things, too. There are all kinds of inspiring things everywhere....not just on the internet. Sometimes I just have to walk away from the screen to find it all.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Lisa.

    I'm not into Pinterest,
    I registered but have only visited
    once or twice
    as you say I don't want to spend more
    time in front of this screen.

    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pinterest account. I can't say I found it all that helpful after about a month. Most of the idea are from sites that I read on blogger anyway. ;)

    I find my big 3 ring binder works better anyway. IT has 100s of sleeves in it and I just throw things into to save ideas. It works better for me. I know if it is in there than I will eventually get around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been saving magazine clippings in scrapbooks since I was 13. I have a whole hutch full of them here, plus more of the old scrapbooks at my parents' house. And my mom and aunt and grandmother did that before me, and Mom and Aunt Laurie still do. When I find pics online that I like, I just save them and email them to myself as reminders. And I like that shirt too. :) 'Hope you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete