Sunday, March 4, 2012

March {p,h,f,r}

Joining Rosie and Leila at the eleventh hour here -

I've noticed on the blogs which have the best photographs, that the blogger tries to only photograph in the sunshine. Well, I don't have that luxury - we have plenty of light here, but only the living room gets actual rays of sun coming in in the afternoons.
pretty

But some rays fell on these kitchen towels when I was folding - I thought it was pretty, if you excuse the wrinkles.  :o


Going through Leila's archives, I read her piece about rags for cleaning, and it made much sense to me. But I hesitated - not sure why, until Anna's post the other day. She's made some cloths from two layers of cotton, wrong sides together and zigzagged all around.  Aha!!  I knew that was the missing link - the double layer idea seemed so much more substantial to me. But I have nice dish towels, it's the bathroom where I need something better, so I made up a bunch of smaller, squarish cloths, not particularly color coordinated, but they're a big help already!

happy

I'm very happy about these!  Thank you Leila and Anna!

I'm sure I've mentioned before that Dolly has shredded most of our upholstery in the living room, so I have sheets draped over everything; I try to keep it neat, not always with success.

The other day she was hiding underneath one of these, playing.

funny
We still think she's awfully cute.



It's March, and around here that's synonomous with mud.

really muddy

But spring is coming.  


round button chicken Thanks Rosie and Leila.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you have to find the light. And you did. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I still think Kaksi is awfully cute even though she digs her claws into me every time I cuddle with her.

    Good for you with the cleaning cloths! I like Anna's idea, but we have so many rags already that adding more would be counter-effective... The only things that simple rags don't seem substantial enough for me are the floors and dishes. I always wash dishes with a sponge with one abrasive side. Smooth for smooth surfaces, abrasive for pots and such. That's the one thing I'll probably never be frugal about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sponges with one rough side are terrific. But I also use cheap washcloths for washing dishes and other kitchen things - as long as I can distinguish them from our bathroom ones!

      Delete
  3. I saw Anna's post too! :-) Great little cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. The sun does make such a difference. Even something as simple as folded laundry delights our eye when the rays grab hold.

    Wrinkles? What wrinkles?

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rags are beautiful. I had read Leila's post before and just reread it. Good for a refresher.

    Our back yard is bare of grass in many places and therefore we have mud too. The dry summer didn't help with this and it is difficult to grow grass under pine trees.

    ReplyDelete