Saturday, March 17, 2012

instant curtain

Well, practically.

Last night I was pondering what type of valance I wanted over the sink, and a thought I had drove me into the linen drawer. I pulled out a tablecloth I'd gotten from etsy - white, with bold red stitching on it. I like this tablecloth, but knew I'd like it way better on the window. It's cotton, but with a linen-type weave, very similar to the fabric I bought for the kitchen curtains. So, today, while the corned beef and cabbage was cooking, I cut into it and made a valance.


Didn't have to hem it, because that red stitching is all around.  I love it!

And then I suddenly realized that I have a space in the middle where I could actually put something decorative!  I got out four custard cups.


That's what I came up with on short notice.


Am I happy! 

6 comments:

  1. Love the valance! And the windows.....just love the grates on them. Mine are faux, but I still love them.:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! And the red matches the shed outdoors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! Hana, matching it to the shed was just a happy coincidence, I guess - ha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I love, love, love red and white combination =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I LOVE your window treatment! So cheery!

    ReplyDelete