Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tasha Tudor style shawl



This shawl was knitted by a co-worker - for herself - but apparently she didn't think she looked well in it.

It's styled after something Tasha Tudor often wore - instructions here - and we two were fascinated by her lifestyle, so my friend brought it in to work to show me and I fell in love with it. She told me to keep it!

I hadn't knitted for many years, but this shawl is what caused me to pick up knitting again, and I made one in brown. The lace gave me a bit of trouble, and it isn't as nice as Linda's, but it's good enough.

So now I have two of these lovely things. 

3 comments:

  1. It is lovely, I have many of Tasha Tudor's lifestyle books and she is shown with her shawl in several pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously the best kind of friend!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I need that for next winter! Now this I can knit. Great post.

    ReplyDelete