It was ninety-eight degrees on Tuesday; yesterday was supposed to be slightly cooler, with possible storms in the evening. I went to work and noticed it was looking like something was brewing outside - it was yellowish out there, but the weather report said nothing. It was the patrons who told me it was from the Canadian fires. I tell you, it was so bad, my eyes were stinging all day and everything outside looked unnatural, like another planet.
Today, I woke up with a headache that nothing would touch. I went out briefly in the morning and it got a little worse. It only started to improve when I put on the a/c. There was still haze today and will be tomorrow, but at least it doesn't look weird. It's been a strange summer, with high heat and this....
But I think I'm caught up on my sleep! - I took about four naps, and did only the minimum of housework.
I wonder how the creatures felt - do their eyes burn? But I will say this - in the height of summer, on the hottest days of July, you can't step outside without hearing a mockingbird singing somewhere, nearby or in the distance, but if you know their sound, you will hear them.

We have been hearing about the Canadian fires over here, and how the smoke is also affecting the US. I hope your headache is better. I have one today too, so I can sympathize. I'm about to make a cup of tea and do some crocheting... xx
ReplyDeleteYes, it's gone, thank you, Lynda. But I am avoiding the outside air as much as possible. I think by Monday it will be better.
DeleteAnother wonderful post. I love the mockingbirds. Sometimes we sit on the porch just to listen to them sing.
ReplyDeleteOh, they're delightful! And they work so hard on their recitals!
Delete