Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Midsummer Eve



I love to make a big deal out of Midsummer Day if I can. I am working tomorrow, but tonight it's the eve, so I thought I'd try making ice cream sandwiches for a treat. I bought the cookies and made the ice cream with some of the strawberries. I also was going to try and make it without the ice cream machine, as the freezer is rather full of other stuff, but they always say you can just keep stirring it until it's stiff, in order to keep ice crystals from forming.


It's nice, and very refreshing, but there are ice crystals. And I took it out to stir vigorously many times. I suppose if I try this again I could use the blender, or the mixer? Not as simple as they say. And it took too long to harden, so I ended up just having some with a few cookies. I need to start way in advance for this project. Next time.

Anyway, I never got to the freezer jam. I hope the strawberries keep.

3 comments:

  1. Midsummer Day.... hmmm -- I've never thought about it before! I think I will eat a popsicle tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice-cream looks yummy! I haven't got the strength for all the stirring and have been meaning to buy an ice-cream maker for ages. Once we are out of lock-down I will see if I can get one before the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, do get one, Clare. Such a nice thing to have, you wouldn't regret it. I have a Cuisinart, and I like it.

      Delete