Tuesday, May 26, 2020

knitting and reading


My knitting is about twenty two inches long now,but the ball of yarn seems as huge as ever. I can't possibly keep going until it's used up - there's too much of it; the resulting bag would be bigger than anything I could find a use for. I've been thinking about types of handles but can't decide on anything.

I've been reading the most fabulous book about John and Abigail Adams, by Irving Stone. It's old, from my father's book shelf. He loved Irving Stone, and I can finally see why. This is a novel, but history; it's like living through everything with them - just fantastic!



I also am following along with a podcast about Shakespeare's As You Like It, so I'm reading that again, and just finished one on C. S. Lewis' The Great Divorce. I've read almost none of his work - never read the Narnia series! And, a little at a time of Mike's book, which amazes me, as does his blog - he knows so much about his country. Was he a history teacher? Or is it a hobby of his? He's a mystery, but a nice fellow.

Joining Ginny for yarnalong. 

4 comments:

  1. that is so nice, the discovery of enjoyable books! and how neat to connect with your father's love of an author. That's really special! I love the Narnia books! :) :) I like the colour of your yarn for that bag! Bless you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's about time I read an Irving Stone book, I think! As for Narnia, I just started The Magician's Nephew. Thanks for the kind words, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  2. I think yarn is strange; either it disappears too quickly or not quickly enough!
    I like CS Lewis' books but his style is a little dated. I have Mike's book but have only just started it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike's book is so informative, but I am afraid I won't retain it. Perhaps you'll have better luck, as it's about your country.

      Delete