Sunday, May 31, 2020

heading to the semi-ordinary

It's Pentecost, and the end of the Easter season.

My brother starts back to work tomorrow. He will be working twelve hour days, six days a week, for hopefully not more than three weeks. He'll come home for lunch, but for much shorter times than usual. He expects he may be caught up after that.

he made a new gate for the garden

He'll have to wear a mask all day. I suppose we'll have to, when we re-open at the library. I don't look forward to that.

it looks nice in there - keeping it up will be my job now

I expect Dolly will notice that he won't be around so much. But he hasn't been in my way, and I told him so. He kept busy all these two and a half months. 

Come, Spirit,
Holy Spirit,
Into every crevice of my heart.
Leave no narrowest defile
For pride to walk,
For hard-lipped judgments to stalk,
Leave no smallest part.

- Mother Mary Francis, from Magnificat, May 2020



4 comments:

  1. that is really beautiful, the prayer. I hope your brother's re-entry goes well and is not overly stressful. God bless and keep you all! and your garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely prayer! I hope today hasn't been too stressful for your brother. What long hours he is doing! Catching-up on all those missed hair appointments will be such hard work but I am so pleased he is able to earn his living again.
    Your garden looks so well designed (and chicken-proof? :D) I am sure it will be a pleasure to tend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He came home for lunch, and told me he's been wearing the paper masks, not the ones I made or Yoko made. They're just lighter and easier to breathe in. I may "inherit" all the others!
      We've had a fence around the garden for many years, way before chickens ever appeared! I think it was to keep out the rabbits, racoons, and woodchucks. :D

      Delete