Tuesday, March 17, 2020

snow and holiness

I got up this morning to see this


I guess I haven't heard the weatherman lately, as I certainly didn't expect snow. It's gone now. It has occurred to me that my snow photos are often of the same scene - the shed, the bridge. But that's what I see out my window, and I'm usually in the middle of something so I just take the picture.

This was in Magnificat today:

Give peace to those who have destroyed our peace; we pray: Lord, have mercy.
Grant love to those who have refused us love; we pray: Lord, have mercy.
Protect from injury those who have done us injury; we pray: Lord, have mercy.
Grant success to those who have competed with us to our loss; we pray: Lord, have mercy.
Give prosperity to those who have taken what was ours; we pray: Lord, have mercy.


At the library, we realized it's not a good idea to bring things out to people - it's better to keep distance as much as possible. 

"We all must experience some darkness, otherwise how can we appreciate the light?
We all must experience the nearness of despair, otherwise, how can we know when to celebrate the triumph of hope?"

                                               -  Vigen GuroianTending the Heart of Virtue
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment