Saturday, March 7, 2020

memory work

Years ago when I bought a single lens reflex camera, I found that I never used it because I knew that if I took pictures I would never bother to look at them. It wasn't until I started blogging that I actually had a good (to me) reason for taking photos.



I've been keeping a Commonplace Book - just a notebook for writing quotes and things worth remembering. There's not an awful lot in it, but I was very happy to start one because sometimes you read something that you don't want to lose forever.

But, these quotes I write down, well, they sit there on the page. And, just like with the printed photographs, I don't go back and read any of it. Until the other day when I heard something which made me realize that you want to be memorizing these things that are so important to you. Well! That made sense. You want it to become part of you - that's why it appealed to you in the first place!

We'll see how well I do. But at the very least it should be good exercise for my brain.


"There is a kind of immortality in every garden."  -  Gladys Taber

3 comments:

  1. Lovely picture and wonderful idea! And lovely quotation ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is a good reason to keep one's eye out for photo opportunities and suitable quotes. It seems the only reason I revisit mine, is if I am searching for something to put on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good idea! I am hopeless at memorising anything and always have been so that would definitely be a Lent penance for me!

    ReplyDelete