Wednesday, May 8, 2019

cobbling a dinner together

Monday I made macaroni and cheese. That was the plan, anyway. I made the roux, then the sauce. I had only one bar of cheddar but almost eight ounces of leftover smoked gouda - good enough! I grated the gouda and reached for the cheddar - only to find that it was a bar of baby swiss! I had no idea how Swiss cheese would be in that dish and didn't think I should take such a chance: I told myself to be calm, and said a prayer for help. In the fridge I found half a container of cottage cheese, and maybe three tablespoons of grated Parmesan. That would have to do! I mixed it all up and added some rosemary. I then thought I could maybe use a little grated Swiss on top, so I grated some of that. Swiss cheese isn't salty at all, so I added salt and some onion powder, and then bread crumbs.

It was pretty good, actually. And I used up the cottage cheese, the gouda and the parm. We finished it up today.




3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that we can pray about everything!!!sounds great! 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! It's hard to go wrong with cheese and pasta <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Lisa! It sounds delicious. I haven't had macaroni cheese in years!

    ReplyDelete