Monday, December 10, 2018

stamped cookies

I came upon this photo yesterday

not mine!

and remembered the glass Christmas cookie stamps I bought years ago. I used them on a chocolatey shortbread cookie I used to make - the design never showed up very well. But the above photo made me want to try (although maybe these aren't stamped, but molded? I don't know.)

I found this gingerbread recipe tonight and they turned out tasty, but - you still couldn't see the designs. So I tried pressing a few colored sprinkles onto a batch.


All right, I suppose. The next batch I just pressed them down with a plain glass. And took a toothpick and drew "snowflakes" on each one. Then, pressed a white pearly thing in the center of each.


At least the design is visible; I'm not sure I'll keep those cookie stamps.

4 comments:

  1. I am 100% in a no-fuss-cookie camp. If it isn't a drop cookie I just can't be bothered.... ;) They sure are pretty though, when there are other people who CAN be bothered. My sister makes gorgeous cookies. Me? Not so much.

    I like your snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I, too, would rather make drop cookies - they taste the same, don't they? But sometimes I feel I should make time to try and create something prettier. We'll see how far I go.

      Delete
  2. I like your snowflakes, too! And the ginger cookies! I have never tried using a stamp. I would have thought that once the mixture rises a little during the baking process, a lot of the pattern disappears anyway. You would have to press very hard on the cookie or get ones with a deep pattern (if you know what I mean). Traditional Scottish shortbread stamps have a very deep pattern and the shortbread is rolled or pressed out quite thickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's what that is! I hope somebody would know. I am giving those glass stamps to the thrift store! :)

      Delete