Wednesday, December 5, 2018

a real "wow" of a cake

My co-worker, Katie signed up to do my birthday cake. She is known among us as having an excellent instinct for anything in the way of decorating, whether that's in a home, on a bulletin board or even how she dresses. She tried to copy a cake she saw online - we all could see that hers looked much better than the original.


It was a spice cake with a brown sugar buttercream; they don't sell those ten inch cinnamon sticks where I shop, or the bay leaves that look like they came off a rhododendron. I saved those herbs and spices along with the rosemary underneath - with the frosting cleaned off, they will be very welcome. As was the cake!

7 comments:

  1. A work of art! Almost too good to eat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks !!

    What date in December is your birthday? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is the fourth, Lynda. Or, was. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow. What a fabulous cake. I have no idea where I'd find cinnamon sticks that big. Happy birthday. Another December baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how lovely!!! very nice!!! I don't remember what day your birthday is but I hope it is a wonderful one! Nice to have the spices too! a double treat!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wonderful! Your description of the flavors are inspiring, too :-)

    ReplyDelete