Saturday, November 3, 2018

such November

Today was so Novembery - rain the first part of the day, quite heavy at times, windy, but then it would seem to clear up, the sky deep blue and the sun bright, with light on the yellow leaves making them turn bronze against dark clouds; wind gusts, bright sun, dark clouds, red, green, golden, russet, everything blowing and bright, bright, bright when the sun appeared, mild early, turning brisk later. How do you describe such a scene? Only in certain parts of the world, and only in November. I picked up my camera so many times as I was doing laundry, dishes, whatever, amazed at the views, even though it's always the same scenes on this blog, the things I photograph as I'm doing my thing here. It doesn't matter how many times I see it over the years, it is always fabulous and wonderful.

this one doesn't show the drama


imagine the leaves glittering in bronze against a dark cloud

this one is pretty accurate

And far more fantastic than shown here by my poor photography skills. What a day!

3 comments:

  1. Your photos aren't poor at all! What a wonderful day and who needs to go far from home to witness beauty if they have a garden and trees outside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clare! xx Spring is nothing to this time of year.

      Delete
  2. I think the light in the top photo does indeed show the drama!

    ReplyDelete