Monday, September 24, 2018

blue heron

A blue heron stopped by yesterday; I saw him out my window, a tall slim creature with legs like a stork. This might be the third time one has happened along; quite a few years ago a heron perched on the garage next door for ages while kids waited for the school bus.


It took him a while to decide on the best course. Meanwhile, he walked along the brook's edge and startled one of Diane's cats who was on the other side. Then, he opened his wings and flew over the house - I heard a soft thud. On the roof!

My brother got the best shot of him.


He stayed a short while.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird! I love it when wild creatures visit my house and garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I can never decide whether herons look clumsy or graceful - they seem to be a contradictory combination of both. And they must have extraordinary senses to pick out our neighbour's fish in her tiny pond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! Clumsy looking and graceful.

      Delete
  3. How lovely! They are such majestic birds.

    ReplyDelete