Monday, May 28, 2018

a perfect blueberry cheecake

I have raved about this cheesecake recipe before, and I'm perfectly willing to do it again. But I almost went astray to try a different one.

I'm a sucker for a beautiful photo, and I had this image on a pinterest board of things to try:

I did not make this

It was called Icelandic Cheesecake, but the link didn't end up leading anywhere. After examining the image I thought that if I spread some blueberry jam on the cake, I could place some fresh blueberries on top and they'd stay put and it would look just like this pretty picture.

At the supermarket I found this,


which ended up being perfect, and the blueberries came straight from the freezer


It was entirely delicious. And since I used Siggi's yogurt, I guess I can call it "Icelandic"!

7 comments:

  1. The cheesecake looks gorgeous! I love cheesecake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely appealing!! Did you write the recipe on another post? I will have to search...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I don't think you have a search box. That's okay, I would probably never make it anyway!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do have a search box at the top left! The recipe is here, though: http://www.gourmetkitchentales.com/gourmet_kitchen_tales/2013/09/chocolate-cheesecake.html
      The reason I love this recipe, after making many cheesecakes over the years is that it's small: I bought the recommended 7-inch springform pan, which makes it nice and high but a manageable size for middle-aged folk like us. :D Also, there is very little sugar in this; it's not sweet. There's no flour and just a touch of cornstarch. I have also made it with those (expensive) logs of goat cheese on sale which made it healthier to my mind. And, that chocolate topping is like a thick, perfectly delicious fudgy layer on top - it is really perfect in every way! I find that the French style cheesecake is more appealing to me than the New York. Maybe you will try it someday!

      Delete
  4. I still don't see a search box, so thank you for posting the link, and for more reasons why I might want to try the recipe after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, it's way up, on the left, in the narrow taupe-colored strip up there; it's not in the body of the blog. I really can't say enough about this recipe. :)

      Delete
  5. Aha, finally I see it. I didn't realize that strip was associated with your particular blog!

    ReplyDelete