Sunday, August 13, 2017

Miss Prim

"It would be utopian to imagine that the present-day world could go into reverse and completely reorganize itself.  

We have...come to believe that contemporary life wears women out, debases the family, and crushes the human capacity for thought."



On whose blog did I first see this book? All I remember is that, curious, I sent out for an inter-library loan, it came quickly, and I couldn't put it down.

It's a story of a well-educated, modern woman who gets a job in a town that may as well be from the past, as far as beliefs and outlooks go. It takes her a while to see the value of this way of living. The author has something definite she wants to say, and I am just amazed that such a book can have been written today. A light, pleasant read with a serious message.

15 comments:

  1. Oooo, Lisa, I'm so glad you posted about this book because I've been wanting to read it, and I forgot the title! I'm going to request it from the library right now. GREAT quote! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ordered the book to own it, because I want to absorb the many valuable things which are in it.

      Delete
  2. PS: don't you just love when a book comes lickity split?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it hasn't been that way here for a while; now things are better. :)

      Delete
  3. it's a wonderful book! I loved it and wish so much that the world become like the one depicted here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree! So, was it your blog I saw it on? Did you ever post a photo of it?

      Delete
  4. Ok,I've seen this book on here and Ginny's blog too. I'll have to read it! Light reading with a serious message ~ sounds good! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, yes - delightful would be a good word for it.

      Delete
  5. Have just reserved this from the library. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but if I don't like it, it will be your fault... :))

      Delete
    2. I accept the responsibility. :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before. It looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh shucks, my library doesn't have it!! I'm curious. . .

    ReplyDelete