Tuesday, August 23, 2016

the Dottie Angel dress: getting there

I finished the Dottie Angel dress, except I didn't hem it. Here it is, wrinkled, and with the pockets looking (but not!) uneven.  This version was the experiment; I had to unpick the tucks and re-place them an inch and a half lower. And I don't care for such a low back - next time I'll raise it at least three and a half inches.


I left off the ties, as an afterthought, even though I had cut them out.  But I am going to try it again, and even make my own bias binding because I prefer the softness of all-cotton to the store-bought stuff, at least for this project. I like the idea of a summer dress with throwonability - not for anything but daily living around the house - and this could be really cute for that, if I get it right.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, fou d you again, your link keeps disappearing from my bookmarks.
    That dress looks nice and cool and comfortable, I have a few linen shift dresses, straight from shoulder to hip,they are very good for the heat we get here. At the moment I am visiting Mischa and family in Townsville so Summer weather here, high twenties, a nice change from 2 at 8.30 am last week at home on the mountain.
    Will catch up on your posts now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I like the print, and it looks easy to wear and comfortable. :-)
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very homey and nice. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever! This looks so nice - best of luck with the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "throwonability" - what a great word! And yes, that should be the standard for summer dresses/clothes. Your blues are so pretty together in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margo - I'm going to make a peach one now. A warmer color as I'm thinking of fall.

      Delete