Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pinterest recipes: banana-peanut butter "ice cream"

This was pretty darn good.


I've got it in my "recipes to try" board - only three ingredients: bananas, peanut butter and cocoa. Basically, you take four very ripe bananas, slice them and put 'em in the freezer for two hours. Then they go into your food processor - sorry, but the blender is not powerful enough, according to the originators. Whiz it till it's entirely pureed, then add two tablespoons of peanut butter and a spoonful or so of cocoa powder and whiz again. Eat as is, or freeze for a bit. No dairy, so that will be good news for some.

I'm not a big banana lover - I may eat a whole banana twice a year, at most!  I prefer my fruit to have some juice in it, and bananas are awfully sweet. But my brother always has some around, and it just so happened that there were four overripe ones he wasn't going to eat!  Well, I had to try the recipe.

Now, the surprise - it doesn't make very much. Those bananas puree up into a fraction of their former selves.  Would you eat four bananas in one sitting? Not I. (aside from the time in my twenties when I ate two Banana Royals at Friendly's, but that was a long time ago) Well, I can tell
you that it was easy to finish off this whole dessert by myself. Oh, dear. That's a lot of sugar, I think. But I've got eight bananas on the shopping list, because I want my brother to try it. Try it yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Hana, I just deleted your comment (by mistake, of course!) - I am sure you don't need the peanut butter. You could use some vanilla, or whatever. But after making the real thing, it may pale in comparison. How was it to make? Was it a pain? Worth it?

    ReplyDelete