Friday, January 4, 2013

something ratty in Bethlehem

Saturday into Sunday we had the first big snow of the season. These pretty firs are across the street.


I was very happy to find some Ghirardelli peppermint bark on sale - I broke it up and made these cookies again.  mmmm


Funny, but - I don't think I've ever seen a nativity with a giant rat


until now, that is.

Actually, a friend was over for dinner on New Year's Day and after he left I found the cat toy - I don't think I should blame the cats for this.


Joining Leila today.
round button chicken

6 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud with the giant rat in your nativity! Love this post and those trees are so beautiful! I'm praying for another giant storm that just buries us in a winter wonderland. Isn't that crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to make you laugh out loud, Grace!

      If you can long for big snow where you live, I guess you're living in the right place. :D

      Delete
  2. Haha...! That's defintely an odd sight. Remind me of the scene in Love Actually: "There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?" "Duh!"

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love the addition to the manger scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can taste those cookies!! Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete