Thursday, August 30, 2012

needle & thREAD

My wholecloth quilt from this previous post is finished, but I wanted to show the cabbage fabric in more detail.  Here it is hanging off the side of my sewing machine



You can see on the dotted side the little zigzagged spots of machine quilting.  I recommend it for a fast and easy gift. It especially lends itself well to a small baby quilt when done in paler colors.  I'm not sure this is the best way to showcase these beautiful larger florals (or cabbages, as the case may be). But it came out pretty well, I think.  The book it's from is this one -


So, I thought some of Elizabeth's needle & thREAD readers might welcome this gift idea.



2 comments:

  1. I'm really tempted by that book. Quick quilting projects might be a necessity this fall. I'd love to do handmade Christmas gifts but with a wedding Christmas week, my goal might need some tempering:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the purple ribbon tying it all up so prettily!

    ReplyDelete