Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dolly knows

Monday night I heard the radio in the kitchen playing some Handel. "Messiah", actually.

I went in there to turn it up and Dolly, the music lover, was on the table, listening.  She was really enjoying it - I mean, really. enjoying it. The soprano was very good; it was my favorite piece in all of "Messiah".


Her eyes were all squinted up, but she'd look at me every now and then with such a look of pleasure on her face - I'm not kidding!

Then, I started to sing along.  She looked up at me.


It's from the book of Job, chapter 19.
"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. And, though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God. Yet now is Christ risen from the dead; the first fruits of them that sleep."

I think Dolly knows something.




8 comments: