Monday, November 28, 2011

bread on top



Using up some holiday leftovers this evening; I had the meat, plenty of veg, and then I made a sauce for it. But what about the topping?  Pie crust? No. Mashed potatoes? Biscuits?  Nope.  I'd seen a Martha Stewart Living magazine which featured layered bread slices, buttered, for the topping  Mine worked out pretty well - I used rye bread which is a favorite around here, but something softer might have been a better choice.

 It needs working on, but this other option is nice.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I typically use biscuit dough as a topping but think I will give this a try. I also like to make hot turkey sandwiches - turkey on 2 slices of bread with no condiments. Cut sandwich in half and spread apart on the plate. Place mashed potatoes (or stuffing)in between the 2 sandwich halves and cover it all with gravy!

    ReplyDelete