Thursday, August 4, 2011

getting organized


See this?  This was the situation in a corner of my bedroom - a so-called organizer which I hadn't realized would hang out so much over that area and what I'm keeping beneath it.  It was a {real} eyesore.

It's gone!  I made this to replace it -


and it's working out very well. It's {pretty} enough to be nearer my desk, and it also eliminated a box from my desk. I threw out some stuff, put some in this new thing, and found other homes for the rest. 

I was concerned about the pockets hanging out and gaping, so I put this button on -


One button will be enough.    I'm definitely {happy} with this organizer!

I decorated it with this {funny} thing


from my friend Cyndi a couple of years ago - tied around a gift in instead of ribbon. I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to be, though.  A strip of fabric, with a motley assortment of buttons on almost half of it



and buttonholes on the rest of it!  What could it be?  But it's cute - I like it!


As  for that corner of my room, I decided to hang this -


I can't stand to open my mail more than once a week (unless it's something nice!), and it's way too much to fit into my new organizer, so I'm clipping it up with clothespins - hey, it's tidy!


Thanks to Leila and Rosie -





round button chicken

4 comments:

  1. Very clever, and cute! I'm positive there's not another like it anywhere thanks to your friend and her interesting button ribbon!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. and i like how you turn your mail facing away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned it that way so my name and address wouldn't be all over the internet! (well, among my few readers, I mean!)

    ReplyDelete