Thursday, June 23, 2011

{happy} about a couple of things

Emily is finally feeling more like herself, so she came over today to work on the baby quilt. We layered it, then machine quilted it, sort of - with small zigzag areas  here and there.  We chose a golden yellow thread like egg yolk, and like the results, especially the way it looks on the white backing.



Dolly seemed {happy} about the whole thing, too.




I was also happy recently to find this oversized cup at the thrift store,



which I knew would look just right in the secretary, and give the whole arrangement a more summery look.











round button chicken

4 comments:

  1. I like what you came up with for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I love the arrangement on the shelves. Blue and red combinations are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty summer display in your china cabinet

    ReplyDelete